Sunday, April 23, 2006

Gone with the wind...

Finally after a long time I went to my Alma mater MMEC to take my degree and got to know about our convocation that’s next month… Thank God!! I’ll attend my Bachelor’s convocation before Master’s ..I was really afraid. After nearly 2 years, going to college with Pallavi made me remember of our B.Tech days. So lovely, innocent and magnificent were those days. It was not the place changed but the crowd. It seems after every year like transistors’ integration on a chip is being enhanced so are the styles and trends amongst students….Hence proved Moore’s law is universal..haha. But seriously, as we proceeded our final steps inside the campus and stood in front of that eagle shaped building ..i smiled and said Oh My God!! Look Pali it still has the same fragrance around. Old memories embraced my heart. I held a silent combat with my emotions somewhere deep inside. That reception area, account’s branch and academic office…woah… Gita mam, Pratap Sir, Khosla Sir stll sitting and working there. I looked at Khosla Sir and he recognized me…see I was so popular…kiddin..he called me Nimisha aao aao kaisi ho?? I grew senti hmmmmm..then we completed the formalities. Yes in the account’s branch too every body was sitting in their respective chambers. That old man still sitting amid plethora of files. When I was in 1st year I used to think he is so old (working after retirement) a true example of old age maladies….he would stop working after this semester. Oh man..he was still there and looked the same as there is no more scope for him to appear older than what he does.
Now, we stepped up and there was our library. Those white wide stairs where we had clicked numerous photographs in final sem. Those were same but the steps those stairs were bearing had changed the weight. I had passed hours with that books galore in my First sem.. I was so afraid (because of fear of ragging) of stepping outside in lunch time. Those walls with sayings hung on them and those last two racks of ECE books…..everything looked unmoved. If I could exchange time with the people around, I definitely had. Even during practices for SAT, our team of 12; 4 PG and 8 UG students, I use to feel the same. Everytime those 2nd year students used to say,” Mam just 3 months and you will be out of this hell…you are so lucky”. Huh…when I was in 2nd year and my brother in 4th year these used to be my words. But when those days are gone I realize how wrong I was.
Then we stepped up and entered 2nd floor….grew even more senti…that corridor and lecture halls 301-304.. in 4th year we had got so bored of these lecture halls but Pali and I were so happy like a small cherub had got his favorite chocolate. All the memories, pangaas and instances we recalled in every lecture hall. Oh yeah! When we were walking infront of 103..Pali stopped me and said…see you were caught here… the first and the last time I bid a proxy in final year. It was principal’s lecture of Bussiness organization and rest is history ..haha..we burst into loud laughters…I never attempted any unfair means and Abhay made me a scape goat that day…thank God I was not punished. Those two days were the longest 48 hours I have ever had.
Then I started looking for Isha, one year junior to me. She is lecturer now. Okie I got it…I entered her room..Oh my God!! That short height cutie pie is a lecturer…she was actually looking like a lecturer. We shared our days and the one hour long journey in our college bus from Kurukshetra to MMEC. Neha, Isha, Priya, Bhanu, Mohit, Siddharth…. we guys had enjoyed a lot. But I remember many times we used to curse that bumpy road..and getting up at 5:45 am and catching bus at 7am and getting back tired and broken at 6:15pm. I now feel and can smell the fragrance and beauty of those days. That was one life……now gone with the wind.
Though I have enjoyed at Thapar too and feel that that my this second life is perfectly fine and I have learnt more than my curriculum here. But the beauty of the wonder years that have gone can not be explained.
Surely after 2 months when I’ll be out of Thapar..I ‘m going to miss these 2 years badly. About these days I’ll write after joining at Wipro, Hyderabad because the intensity of nostalgia would be higher then.

Gone with the wind..
That One life is gone…
Though living the second in tone..
Still that one life is unscathed
So fresh I can breathe the memories
Memories so warming left behind…
Gone with the wind…

Sand slipped out of my hands…..
Perhaps took an advantage..
Though I tried assiduously..
Gone with the wind…
Unnoticed and untold..

I look around inertly gruffed…
Search for the sand that flinged..
Looked here and sought there…
Found no where those sand minuscules..
Gone with the wind…

My hay days…one life
I lived to hilt…
That is nowhere but inside me..
A rush of blood when heart beats..
I can feel the memories still living….

Why couldn’t I stop the time…
To capture the moments I left behind..
People and air that earth so mine…
But searching for a tangible sign…

My brain’s entreaty to live second life..
Oh I’m living and enjoying..
That one life I wish I get back again…
I wish I get a tangible sign…
Hyphenate the two lives…….

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yaaar , Nimisha , I am speechless. I thought i am not so nostalgic abt my college days and here i am diein to meet all u people right now , just after readin this beautiful piece that u have written. I always believed that u r so gifted in beauty and brains. I just adore u for ur thoughts and ex-pression, great goin girl, m truely mesmerised.:-)

nimisha said...

kya baat hai ...priya whenever i read those pages of my slam book written by you....you know I am always flattered...even more everytime i read them...you have got art my dear...yeah I too truly miss those days:(

Anonymous said...

U KNOW U HVE PAIRED THE WORDS SO BEAUTIFULLY THAT I TOO GOT NOSTALGIC ABT MY COLLEGE.GOOD WORK.ONLY AN EMOTIONAL HEART N BEAUTIFUL MIND CAN CREAT SUCH ART THAT CAN MOVE ANY PERSON. KEEP IT UP.

nimisha said...

thx sis:)

Anonymous said...

The writer of nimisha83.blogspot.com has written a superior article. I got your point and there is nothing to argue about. It is like the following universal truth that you can not disagree with: The only impossibillities in the universe are completion and perfection. I will be back.