Sunday, April 02, 2006

First time....

One idea struck my mind today. We are so ecstatic when first time any good thing happens in our life and equally consternated and shattered in a down (but temporary) phase of our life. This is human nature perhaps and nobody can help it. People who learn to convalesce through all the ups and downs are few but always adored and appreciated by hoi polloi.
The first experience always drives you crazy and you can not forget it all through your life. Though everyone has own measures of happiness and worry, success and failure but the magic of “first time” can never stir your heart “next time” , like it does. So in short we live hardly few days and rest of our life we strive to get a life of those few days. We asphyxiate millions of times to really breathe one moment.

The first time I opened my eyes
I saw the world….
I don’t remember… when
I don’t know how I felt..
I don’t know with whom I dealt..

The first humane touch…
Perhaps of the doctor or the nurse…
I don’t know… how
I don’t know how I felt…
I don’t know who first hugged me then…

The first time I smiled….
I smiled at what…
I don’t remember why
I don’t remember when
I don’t know who shared my first grin.

The first time I walked…
I don’t know where I floundered…
Perhaps papa or mamma held my hand
I don’t know what impelled me on that land…

The first time I sobbed…
I don’t know why…
I can’t remember when…
Perhaps it was my brother who flogged…

May be I had beaten him back….
What I remember through all these years….

Those bleak looks on the road side..
Opened my eyes..
I saw the world and the pain so real.
I remember my eyes wide open..
Yes I had learnt to see!

The warm touch buoyed my heart..
My heart had got a life
The touch that I could feel so deep within..
I had felt family support and love
Yes I had learnt to feel!

Standing in front of mirror..
I shared my first achievement….
I smiled and my reflection smiled too…
Mirror looked so true and pure not lying any more..
Yes I had learnt to smile!

One decision I made and it worked..
I saw the sun saluting me…
Even moon light confided in me and that so good..
An erect gait and noble looks finally I had..
Yes I had learnt to walk!

The blood curdling silence and the diabolical sneer….
I saw the broken heart’s tears…
The blue air blanketed me, I had hurt someone
The ugly pearls played with my eyelids..
Yes I had learnt to cry!

Life so short and the days so small…
I wish hopes spring and fulfilled too
I wish I live every day…..
To live every moment…
To learn everything…
Everything before the end…..
But not “the end” before the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome .....! m still tryin to come to terms with the beauty of this amazing interplay of words.....

Anonymous said...

Thx a lot Deepika..
THIS IS TRUELY A CALL FROM PISCEAN'S HEART...ITS ME
U being a piscean can appreciate well and have got full right to criticize.
Keep on reading and I would like to read yours too... your mail made me remember our good (2 years old) B.Tech days.
We shared a little acquintance..and all of those short meetings were about poetry.....